This blog contain many fictions, myths, and also facts. It's up to you to choose one or both.

About me

My photo
Depok, West Java, Indonesia
My name is Yosafat Jan Diocassa Agrephino. People call me Dio or Yosafat. My birth date is on 8th November 1996. I'm the last child of 4 children. I made this blog just for fun, because i have a lot of free time. One more thing to know, i love peaceful. But if someone got a problem with me, I'll show the real problem

Hit Counters

calling cards

Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2011

Ghost Story Part 1 - The Ghost of The Pink Lady

[I didn't write this. I just share it]

Dee A. lives with her family in Texas, renting an old house for the past four years. She had never had a problem with the ghost that she felt lived there... until April, 2002. From that time, her relationship with the spirit that has become known as "The Pink Lady" would be a mixture dread, bewilderment and thankfulness. Here is Dee's own story of this unrelenting ghost and the effect it has had on her family.

It was Easter Sunday and members of my extended family were over for the annual dinner and egg hunt. All the kids were in the backyard jumping on the trampoline while the adults sat around out front talking and catching up. My husband, who is considerably older than I (I am 26, he is 59) went into the back to check on the kids. For some reason, he decided to get up on the trampoline with them. His reflexes not being what they used to be, my husband fell off of the trampoline, crushed his ankle and was knocked unconscious.

While all of this was going on in the backyard, I was in the front talking with my cousin. Suddenly, something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I turned and saw this lady whom I didn't recognize standing at the edge of my yard. She was dressed in a very nice (yet quite simple) pink sundress with matching pink shoes and a pink handbag. I knew no one in our neighborhood who looked like her and couldn't imagine who would just walk up into my yard like that.

As I looked at her she said, "He needs you - NOW!"

I was mortified! I told my cousin I had to go check on the kids. As I rounded the corner to the back, my son was running to me to tell me about his dad. We called 911 and he was rushed to the emergency room. He spent three days in the hospital, and for those three days the Pink Lady never seemed to leave my side. She was right there everywhere I went - when I was home with the kids and when I was at the hospital with my husband. I saw her several times. She seemed to be watching my every move.

A Change in Temperament

The day my husband came home from the hospital, he was very weak from the pain killers they had given him, so I had to help him up the front stairs, into the house and into bed. I eventually got him settled, and when I turned to get his drinking glass, there stood the Pink Lady. But this time her demeanor was quite different. Over the three days I had seen her when my husband was in the hospital, she seemed just to be watching and thinking. But now she looked angry!

I quickly walked out of the bedroom, and when I turned to close the door, there she stood in the doorway. I left the door open, never considering I could ask her to move. For one thing, I seemed to be the only one who could see this apparition, and my husband would have thought I was crazy for talking to the doorway. Second, who knows what the spirit's reaction would have been?

I tried to put her out of my mind and went to the kitchen to start preparing dinner for the kids. But the Pink Lady wasn't going to let me off that easily. I had always known there was a ghost in my house... I had felt the presence and just knew. But now to have her there... watching me and letting me see her watching me was very unnerving! Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I turned and said, "What do you want?" She didn't answer, but just vanished. Apparently, the Pink Lady decided this was not the time for a confrontation. That was fine with me, and so the kids and I had our dinner.

I was about to clear the table before going in to check on my husband when she appeared again. I was standing there in my kitchen with an armful of dirty dishes, and this spirit glared at me with a look of total disgust on her face. "Should he come last behind EVERYTHING else?" she said.

I was so horrified at this admonishment that I dropped the dishes. I ran into my bedroom where I found my husband trying to reach for his pain pills. He had apparently been lying in the bed in severe pain, but because he knew I was cooking for the kids, he did not holler out for me.

That was when I realized what the Pink Lady had been doing. She had showed herself to me in an attempt to make me see the obvious. I was neglecting the most important things to take care of the most mundane.

But who was this spirit?

I have since discovered from my landlord that his mother had lived in this house for nearly 50 years before she died. Her favorite color was pink and she loved to wear sundresses. I asked to see a picture of his mother, and he showed me the only picture that had not been lost when his own home burned down. The picture was black and white, but my landlord provided details of colors. His mother was standing on what was now OUR front porch in a pretty pink sundress, pink shoes with a pink handbag - just as I had seen her. Furthermore, the photo was taken on Easter Sunday, 1940.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the Pink Lady was enjoying our family gathering right along with us, and when my husband got injured, it disrupted our celebration as well as hers. Then, I guess, she didn't think I was taking good enough care of my patient, so she stuck around.

Once I realized that I had to pay closer attention to my husband's needs while he was out of commission, she stopped hounding me. I have not seen her since that day she admonished me, but I still feel her presence. She's no longer intrusive... but the Pink Lady is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PageRank

My Hamster

Earthquakes In Our World